Nov 21, 2007
what are lymph nodes their function and why do they swell - am hiv poz - had one removed was neg for cancer
Response from Dr. Henry
Lymph nodes are like a hub though which lymph drainage from local anatomic sites get filtered. Enlarged lymph nodes are common in HIV infection often due to local trapping of HIV and immune response to it. Other local infections,inflammation, and tumors can cause swelling in a particular area. Your HIV provider is the best person to assess the likely cause and offer suggestions for further diagnosis or treatment. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If I Have Ars Will I Have Tiredness?
- Dry Cough After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Anal Sex Top Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.