Nov 18, 2007
I am HIV pos and have a small painful rash on my lower back...I have never had chicken pox as a kid...Could it still be Shingles?
Response from Dr. Henry
A rash localized to a band like region in the skin (lower back a common location) with pain/blisters could well be shingled (herpes zoster). I recommend seeing your HIV doc for diagnosis and treatment (if zoster treatment can result in faster healing and management of post-herpetic neuralgia if that develops). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Should Healthcare Workers Be Required To Disclose Their Hiv Status?
- How Is Someone Notified That They Tested Hiv Positive?
- Number Of Sexual Partners Before Testing Positive For Hiv
- Is An Hiv Test At 8 Weeks Conclusive?
- Sharp Pains Due To Neuropathy
- If You Have Chlamydia And Gonorrhea Are You Going To Get Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.