Atripla, hallucinations, rashes, sweats

I just started taking atripla and I have developed an angry full body rash today. Prior to this I had bouts of cramps, severe night sweats, hallucinations, and a bad stomach.

Is this par for the course?

What are the percentage of patients who experience these side effects?

You are off to a rough start-worse than most (maybe 10% have severe initial symptoms like you have experienced). I would contact your HIV provider for assessment and treatment of the rash, GI symptoms, and sleep/night time difficulties. For most patients those problems fade over the first 2-4 weeks with the pay-off being long term use of a otherwise simple to take and potent HIV drug to anchor your HIV treatment. KH

conclusive testing?!?!
Bladder control effects of ARV treatment