timing of fiber supplements

I just read this answer from the transcript of the live chat on 10/17 regarding fiber supplements: Answer from Dr. Joel Gallant: Read my answer above, about the glories of fiber supplements. Take them twice a day when you take your meds.

I do take fiber with great results but the advice on the container says do not take within 2 hours of any medications and my pharmacist even recommends 3 hours. I do 2 hours for convenience. Is this necessary? I thought that the HIV meds will not get absorbed if you take the fiber at the same time. Thanks, John

Good question. I haven't seen any formal studies on that matter but I know that I have many patients that take fiber supplements with their meals in close proximity to tkaing their HIV medications and that I have not observed a loss of efficacy. If any reader has a reference of a study on the matter please post. KH

Fat distrabution
side effects of treatment