hair thinning

Hello, I am on Norvir,Reytaz,Viread and 3TC since around three years. I lately started to loose an incredible quantity of hair. I always lost a little,but it got so worste during the last few months. My viral load and CD4 are ok,and i am in a general good health (even took some iron tablets but the situation did not change). I did read that 3TC can bring hair loss.Shall i ask my doctor to swith it to something else before i become a bold woman?? (like FTC for example). Thank you so much for your answer C

It often has been a real challenge to link hair loss to a particular HIV drug and then see a significant reversal when that drug was switched to an alternative. FTC is a close relative of 3TC so I am not sure that would help in the case where the 3TC was contributing to the hair loss. Use of abacavir or perhaps a double boosted PI with no NRTIs are other considerations that I have used occasionally in situations like yours. Seeing a dermatologist to comment on other possible cause of hair loss could be helpful. KH

Seizures, Drug Reation
Fat distrabution