drop foot

Hello my name is George I started taking HIV drugs <ATRIPLA> for the first time 3 year ago 4 months ago I started to feel pain on my right foot and lower leg, The pain increased a lot, and 2 months ago I stopped taking <atripla>, but the pain ,burning, tingling,didn't disappear and I got diagnosed with ''drooping foot''.Last week I had an operation ,I was told the bone on the lower leg got rasped for the muscle to be able to decompress. Now , 1 week later the pain is even worse and I have lost even more control of my foot Q; Is the situation irreversible? Is the muscle or nerve damaged forever? Where can I go that accepts ''ADAP'' and specializes in this kind of problems, in N.Y.C.? Thank you!

First of all I recommend discussing with your HIV specialist what should be done regarding your HIV infection. It seems unlikely that the Atripla had anything to do with the nerve condition that you described but being off treatment often can result in increased risk for a variety of health problem s(both AIDS related and others). Many HIV specialists in NYC have considerable experience with neurologic conditions and /or work with a neurologist they can recommend. Also, many HIV specialists throughout the USA are used to dealing with ADAP and other insurance issues so following up with a user friendly clinic is highly recommended. KH

supplement for anxiety?
Atripla and horrible side effects