Deciding to let hiv take control

I have decided to go off meds and let the virus run its course-whatever outcome that will be. How should I stop the medicine? Just not take it one from now on or go off gradually? I am on Atripla.

Untreated HIV infection can cause a host of terrible problems from dementia, to severe pain, to wasting, to blindness and other awful complications. I don't recommend stopping HIV treatment due to the pain and suffering that can occur in patients who need treatment yet are not on it. If you for some reason don't like Atripla I would discuss with your HIV specialist whether an alternative regimen would be a better fit. Stopping Atripla can lead to resistance to Sustiva in some cases due to how long it lasts in the blood and relatively easy pathway to resistance. KH

Surgery
Atripla