kaletra and truvada

I have recently heard that when truvada is combined with Kaletra, the kaletra can cause higher levels of Truvada in the blood. I am not sure if I have this correct, but I do know that this is a regularly prescribed combo. can you please explain.

thanks

kaletra has been noted to often increase plasma levels of tenofovir (in Truvada) when used at the same time. The magnitude of that effect is modest and generally doesn't require a dose adjustment (= usually no need to decrease dose of tenofovir) but for select patients (ie with compromised renal function) that may be an issue. No dose adjustment is possible when using Truvada so the ingredient drugs would have to be used separately. KH

lipodystrophy
Riddled With Severe Pains...