|i still got my tonsils
Oct 27, 2007
I am 35 and the doctor will not remove my tonsils because there may be a problem with healing. I have been HIV positive for 8 years.
| Response from Dr. Conway
Unless your HIV infection is very advanced (CD4 count well below 200 and off treatment for it), your infection status is not a reason to delay removal of your tonsils, if it is medically necessary to do so. If your counts are, in fact, low, it is just a matter of going on treatment and waiting a bit of time (probably not more than a few months) before going ahead with the surgery.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Tonsils Removed In Adults With Hiv
- Itchy Balls After Touching Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Anal Sex Top Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.