i still got my tonsils

I am 35 and the doctor will not remove my tonsils because there may be a problem with healing. I have been HIV positive for 8 years.

Response from Dr. Conway

Unless your HIV infection is very advanced (CD4 count well below 200 and off treatment for it), your infection status is not a reason to delay removal of your tonsils, if it is medically necessary to do so. If your counts are, in fact, low, it is just a matter of going on treatment and waiting a bit of time (probably not more than a few months) before going ahead with the surgery.

DNA PCR false positive
Candida Infection