|What to do?
Oct 23, 2007
My fiance was tested hiv positive about 6 months ago but I tested negative, and we wanted to know how to get rid of the lymp nodes behind his ears due to hiv?
| Response from Dr. Henry
There is generally no direct way to diminish the size of lymph nodes that are often enlarged due to HIV activation of the immune system. Often, antiretroviral therapy may decrease lymph node size but sometimes there is no effect or they actually get larger for a while before shrinking. He should consult with an HIV specialist. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blisters After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Bloody Pee After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Cunilingus Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.