condom broke

I have HIV (curently CD4 of 900 and VL 4,700). My boyfriend does not have HIV. During protected vaginal sex the condom broke. I am very concerned that he should be tested. Do you agree -- and when should he be tested (3 months, 6 months)? He knows I am positive, but I feel like giving up on sex and don't want to risk this ever again. What are current statistics on female to male transmission?

Response from Dr. Conway

He should definitely be tested, with a reliable test (an antibody test) being the one to be done at 3 months after this incident. The risk of female to male transmission is 0.1%/act or less. It may be somewhat lower in your case given that your viral load is quite low. The risk could be a bit higher if you or your boyfriend had any genital lesions at the time of the incident. As for giving up on sex, it sounds as if you guys were taking charge of the situation and doing all of the right things, so you should have a frank discussion about managing risk and what your options are before jumping to a conclusion about this important part of your relationship.

Dr. Brian, Should i be worried about this?
Sculptra Treatment in INDIA?