Prilosec Cramps with Combivir/Viramune?

Have been having some acid reflux problems and my GP said that I should take a course of Prilosec for 30 days. The 4th day into it I got severe cramps and nausea, couldn't eat or hardly get out of bed. Stomach is slowly getting better after stopping the Prilosec. Was wondering if it was possible that the stomach may not of absorbed the antivirals enough and passed the remaining to the small intestine and that caused the problem? Would Zantac cause the same effect?

Otherwise my vl is under 100 and CD4 is 1300.

As always, thanks a lot!!

Thanks

Combivir/Viramune generally is not much impacted by level of stomach acid. Prilosec usually doesn't cause much in the way of stomach cramps. Zantac is an H2 blocker that also can decrease stomach acid thoough often viewed as somewhat less potent that a proton pump inhibitor such as Prilosec. Checking for H pylori disease and discussing alternative treatments for acid reflux disease with your HIV specialist/primary provider would be helpful. KH

lipodystrophy and wasting
HIV Pos and Worried