Herpes Outbreak & HIV

Is it possible to be infected with the virus that causes genital herpes but have not outbreaks for years?

I ask because I have been hiv+ for the last 7 8 years. I have been off of meds for the last 2 years because I could not tolerate the side effects of them. In May, my viral load was 8k, t-cells were around 500 with 18%. 15 years ago I had a sexual relationship with a man that had genital herpes and we did not always use condoms. I have never had an outbreak.

Within the last month, I have developed very painful blisters on my labia and in my pubic area. At first I thought they were ingrown hairs as they become very red, inflamed and had pus in them. I have been reading online trying to determine what they could be, but have found that the descriptions for boils and genital herpes both have traits of my blisters. Is it even possible to get boils on your genitalia and in your pubic region?

I am going to my hiv doctor next week to have them looked at, but Id like to have a heads-up if there is a chance that they could be genital herpes. If they are, Id like to educate myself as much as possible.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my post and for all that you do!

PS. Ill be going back on meds after I consult with my doctor next week just in case you are wondering.

Herpes simplex can remain latent for many, many years in some patients so that is a possibility though many other conditions can cause those sypmptoms so a thorough evaluation is recommmended. KH

need doctor in ft. lauderdale and chicago
sideeffects