Rash on my hand and body

Hi, I was diagnosed HIV positive in 2006 and started my medication a year ago. My CD4 count is 571 and undetected viral load. But recently some mild rash came up on my hand and body, how could this happen?

Best Regards.

Rashes and other skin conditions are very common in the general population and are generally even more common in HIV+ persons. If you have been on your current regimen for 1 year it would be unlikely to be caused directly by your HIV medications. I recommend having your HIV specialist and/or a dermatologist examine your rash and take a complete history to determine the nature of the rash and likely diagnosis/triggering factors. KH

Peripherial Neuropathy
Re: HIV and hearing loss