HIV and dental implant
Sep 26, 2007
what is the protocol for getting dental implants for an hiv patient
Response from Dr. Henry
Generally the dentist/oral surgeon recommending dental implants and offering to do the procedure would get medical clearance from the patient's primary care doctor/HIV specialist. Payment is often a sticking point since often not covered by dental insurance and can be a major obstacle. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Can You Take After You Have Shingles To Keep From Getting It Again?
- What Can Prevent Recurrent Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Can Cause Herpes False Positive?
- Is Uti Medication The Same As Gonorrhea?
- Time Frame For Before Herpes Shows Up On An Std Test
- What Are The Characteristics Of Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.