numb hands-arms

Hi, I have been on two expanded access drugs(merck 015, tmc125), truvada and darunivir now for 7 mo. Vl<50, tcells-371. For the last two weeks my hands are stiff and numb arms also. I think this is neuropathy of hands and arms-I already have it in my legs and feet. Is this serious, should I see my Dr. immediately? I am worried my VL is finally under 50-now what-will I have to stop the meds??

Response from Dr. Conway

A lot of these medications are quite new, and we do not have a good feel for how often they may (or may not) be associated with neuropathy. The symptoms you have may be related to neuropathy or perhaps to issues with the joints. The first thing to do is to see the doctor to see what is causing the symptoms and where the pain is coming from. You may then require additional tests to figure out the diagnosis and design the right treatment. If it is neuropathy, there may well be simple treatments to try before having to consider changing your successful HIV regimen. Try to keep an open mind about all of this until it is clear what you will need to do to address the symptoms.

Rapid test from internet
Severe Sharp pains in legs and arms