crackling in jaw

I'm 23, HIV pos for 3 years now. only symptoms are very mild oral herpes and OHL on my lips which is treated w/ hydrozole. also when i open my jaw wide the left side i hear a crackling sound - is this seen in HIV? is it due to an ear infection or lymphoid seeding? does the ohl mean i have aids - i don't know my cd4. thx

Cracking in the jaw is fairly common in the general population so usually doesn't have any dire association in HIV+ persons. Oral hairy leukoplakia is not AIDS defining and can be seen in persons with CD4 count > 200-350 (< 200 = AIDS). I recommend getting a CD4 count and HIV level if available where you live and connecting with an HIV specialist to monitor your oral and general health as well as your HIV situation. KH

Needlestick
Persistent side effects