fat graft for lipoatrophy

Hello. I have been positive for about 17 years. I'm doing well but have significant facial lipoatrophy. Sculptra is cost prohibitive for me, but a fat graft is not. The doctor said that although he has never performed this for lipoatrophy in a positive person, he does it all the time for people who have lost fat in their face due to aging. What can you tell me about the success rate of this procedure? Pros and cons? Thank you so much.

I haven't seen much published information about long term effectiveness of fat transplant/grafts for facial fat loss (lipoatrophy). I have seen several reports where fat was moved from an area of excess (such as abdomen or buffalo hump) and , after the transplant, the new fat expanded further causing a chipmunk like appearance. If any reader would like to share any experience they have had with such a procedure please post. KH

Sun-sensitive to unknown meds
Pain!