Sep 11, 2007
Is postnasal drip an HIV symptom? I've been feeling a lot more mucus in the back of my throat and my nose gets conjested very often. Also, every morning when I wake up I have this feeling of lightheadness.
Response from Dr. Conway
The symptoms you describe are certainly not typical of HIV infection. In the absence of any high risk exposure to HIV, it would not even prompt me to order an HIV test on a person. This being said, symptoms or not, if you have had a possible exposure to HIV in the past and you do not know your infection status, I would strongly recommend that you go ahead and get a test done to find out for sure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Yeast Infection After Vaginosis
- Why Can't You Have Sex After Being Treated For Chlamydia?
- What's The Difference Between Mouth Herpes And Mouth Blisters?
- What Percentage Of Men Become Infected With Chlamydia And Have No Symptoms?
- What Cream Can You Put On Genital Herpes?
- Effects Of Touching Genital Warts With A Finger
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.