Sep 9, 2007
Any news or information about the IMOD? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMOD
Response from Dr. Conway
This is an immune modulator of Iranian/Russian origin that has been around for 5 years or more. It has a nice website at imodaids.com. The mechanism of action is not clear. It has been tested in a few dozen people and may possibly increase the CD4 count over 12 weeks of observation. There are many, many similar products out there. My view is that until rigorous, large phase 3 controlled clinical trials are done with adequate long-term follow-up, we need to be very cautious in our interpretation of this compound, whatever it might be.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Vomiting A Symptom Of HIV?
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Open Mouth Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Touching Precum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.