Sep 8, 2007
I am HIV positive and my fiance is negative, we are planning to have a baby, how can we do it without infecting him?
| Response from Dr. Conway
This is a very difficult question.If you are a positive male, there is sperm washing. Read through the materials here: http://www.thebody.com/index/whatis/women_pregnancy.html
ALso read this http://www.thebody.com/hivmonth/thismonth0707.html
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Can A Person Be Infected With Hiv Before Showing Signs Of Infection?
- What Are The Percentage Odds For Getting Hiv Without Using A Condom?
- Can You Get Hiv From Touching In Sauna?
- Are Hiv Symptoms Like Flu Symptoms?
- Hepatitis Virus Lifespan Outside Of The Body
- How Long Does It Take For Hiv To Transmit?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.