Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

please help me, from India
Aug 31, 2007

respescted sir,I am a 19 year old boy. I am deeply worried. I don't know how to start. I had sex with 4 men (one at a time only), but we didnt have anal sex or deep oral sex, but I sucked their penis, not in a hard way. now i am totally frustrated. I want to know that if an HIV infected person gets a common cold or any general diseases during his 1st or 2nd stage, how long it would stay?(I mean, for 1 month or something).

Response from Dr. Conway

Acute HIV infection can present as a minor illness, such as a common cold, or as anything at all. There may be no symptoms at all. Although symptoms associated with HIV infection may be more severe and last longer, the fact that the symptoms go away more quickly does not mean that a person does not have HIV. Despite the fact that oral sex does not carry a very high risk of HIV transmission, I would still encourage you to get tested to make sure you are not infected, whether you have symptoms of acute infection or not. While you are at it, I would also encourage you to get tested for other sexual infections, such as syphilis.

Previous
Lipo
Next
Advanced HIV & dementia

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.