swollen parotids..

My parotids were treated in 2003 and have gradually begun to swell again despite having high T cells (600's) and vl <50. I know in the past some doctors say the answer to swollen parotids is to get on HAART etc.. I don't want to re-radiate. Is there any new late breaking thinking/research that you know of that is hopeful? Is anyone you know the lead researcher with respect to HIV and swollen parotids?? Thanks.. Luke

Response from Dr. Conway

I am not sure if there is a "lead" researcher in this field. I might consider an ultrasound to see what is wrong (it may just be a blocked duct that could be unblocked to relieve your condition). If it is lymphocytic infiltration of the gland (a common thing with HIV infection), a short course of steroids (prednisone, NOT testosterone) might be a credible alternative to radiation treatment for this.

medicines
paranoid 2