HIV & Bipolar partner

Hi, My parnter of 2+ years is HIV+ and bipolar. He has lost all sexual drive & is discomforted by anyphysical contact. He has been this way for about 10 months. I don't know all the meds he is on, but do know that he is on high dosages of several of them. I'm looking for any assistance/reading material that might help me to better understand what is going on.

sexual dysfunction is common in the general population (witness the explosion of use of Viagra like drugs) and is often an issue for HIV+ persons on treatment. Some HIV drugs and many psychotropic drugs may contribute to the problem. A general link discussing the matter is provided below:

Often counseling and evaluation by a therapist trained in sexual dysfunction is useful for the patient and often may involve the partner. KH

please please please Dr Conway help