living with lupus and hiv
Aug 21, 2007
im positive with hiv and hep b and my doctors suspect that i have lupus as well how can i find out more.
Response from Dr. Henry
Lupus can be seen in HIV+ patients. There are a number of blood tests and examination findings that can lead to a diagnosis of lupus. Your HIV specialist and/or an immunologist/rheumatologist can often make the diagnosis after a full evaluation. Diagnosis can be trickier in the setting of HIV infection as can treatment. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Dry Cough An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Are Genital Warts Deadly?
- How Long Does Hpv Last In The Immune System?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.