Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

swollen parotids again after tx
Aug 18, 2007

Has anyone has their parotids treated with radiation and have the swelling return?? I had mine swell up in 2000 within minutes and had them treated by Dr, Patricia Gordon in 2004,. Now I think they have slowly gotten swollen again. Any ideas?? I won;'t travel from san diego to La to see her.. Does anyone in San diego do the exact treatment that she does?? or is there anything new that is less dangerous..? I lost over 200 tcells within the 2 weeks of treatment and they never returned.. so I probably won;t do that again,.,. Any ideas?? thanks.. Luke

Response from Dr. Henry

Most of my patients that undergone radiation treatment for swollen parotids have had the enlargement slowly recur over a 2-5+ year time period. Some of my patients have undergone 2 and rarely 3 radiation treatments. For cystic enlargement of the parotids in the setting of HIV infection I have not seen much on alternative effective treatments. If any reader has a good reference or personal experience on/with alternative treastment for parotid enlargment please post. KH

Previous
severe leg pain and weight loss
Next
HIV PAXIL

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.