false positive HIV result
Aug 16, 2007
in February, I got genital herpes. All along I thought I was infected by HSV-2 and Valtrex worked for me fine when there was a outbreak. Last week, I got a blood test and tested HIV+, but I didn't tell the doctor that I got genital herpes...Is there any chance for false positive results if I got herpes and used Valtrex before?
Response from Dr. Conway
Unfortunately, neither the presence of genital herpes nor the use of the treatment for it would produce a false positive result for HIV antibodies.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Balls After Licking Genital Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Touching Dried Semen What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rash After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- How Do You Know If U Have An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.