|Lymph Nodes Shrink
Aug 15, 2007
Hi, I was diagnosed about 3 months ago, and one of the symptoms I had were swollen lymph nodes (esp those in my neck) but after taking natural treatment from accredited doctor, they seem to have gone away. So I was wondering if that means that immune system has weakened or that the medication is helping
Response from Dr. Henry
There can be noticeable changes in lymph node size over time in HIV+ persons that can be tough to interpret regarding whether the immune system has improved/healed itself. Monitoring the CD4 cell count/% is one way to assess changes in immune status over time. KH
ecstacy and hiv
- Are Shingles A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Does HIV Cause Anal Warts?
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Amoxicillin Syphilis Treatment
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.