hair color and HIV antibody test result.

Dear Dr. Conway, I have a very itchy scalp, for which I use OLUX foam. Some times because of the scratching, my scalp breaks and some times even bleeds on my pillow. It is very uncomfortable. On top of it I used the hair color because i have white hairs.

I have been reading the archives of someone asking about OLUX foam. I know that OLUX foam is an immunosuppressant. I have been using it for couple of years now, and even the hair color also for couple of years. Do you think any of these hair color or OLUX foams might mix with the blood and cause a false HIV antibody test?

I had a high risk exposure and got tested after 8 months and the results are negative.

Please answer my concern.

Response from Dr. Conway

For the HIV antibody test to be falsely negative, you would need to be taking a potent, systemic immunosuppressant for a good length of time. What you are doing would not affect the test result and you can rely on it to be valid. If the test is negative 8 months after a possible exposure to the virus, you are truly not infected with HIV.

sticky glans,foreskin and very small bumps around the foreskin
Helping an HIV+ family