Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

One last question and i will be done. I cannot lead a miserable life like this. Please help me.
Aug 10, 2007

Hi Dr. Brian,

You are my God. Please help me in answering this one last question and I will be done and my brain nerves can relax.

I had one exposure in 1998 and then the last exposure in 2003.

Following the first exposure, my anal itching immediately started and I was diagnosed as positive for Herpes 2. The doctor gave valtrex only for 15 days.

I used analpram from 1999, I did not get tested until 2002. I used analpram for five years from 1999 to 2004 and pramosone for couple of months and lastly elidel for about an year for the skin tag I have in the anus. I used to scratch my anus and some times it used to bleed. I also used to use the same pramose for the wart on the scalp and when I scratch, even the wart used to bleed sometimes. I think that the hydrocortisone from the analpram and the pramose mixes with the blood when I bleed.

My first test I got in 2002 and later on I might have already got 7 more antibody tests.

All of them are antibody tests for HIV and all the results are negative.

The anal itching is persistent from 1998, it comes on and off, but it still there for so many years.

Can I be Herpes 2 positive and HIV negative?

Do you think the anal itching is a symptom of HIV.

Do you see a problem here. Or can I just move on.

and the other question i started the analpram after my first exposure, following which my anal itching started.

Do you think this would be a problem with respect to my antibody test result.

Please advice,

Response from Dr. Conway

You are fine, now please move on.

Previous
re.What would you do?
Next
HIV+ Child lifespan estimate?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.