Androgel and finesteride at same time?

I've been using Androgel (the lowest dose and no more often than every other day) for a few years due to low testosterone and because since infection my maintaining muscle mass has been a challenge (I'm a 50y.o., 6'/160lb skinny guy who was 170lbs before some episodes a couple years ago with stomach/gut viruses and such (recovered from those and more wary); not a body builder). I am wondering if it makes sense to use propecia while on androgel to regain some of the crown hair loss I have been having. Wouldn't this reduce DHT in scalp and other body areas while still leaving the muscles with enough testosterone? And what of my prostate, which the doctor has digitally examined and ok'd?

I have not seen any data about the outcomes or safety of using andorgen and finesteride at the same time. There is little safety or even efficacy data for use of testosterone long term. There is a wealth of data on hormone replacement therapy for women which remains a complicated subject and clearly has revealed some safety concerns. Testosterone replacement gets agggressively marketed in the absence of good long term data as far as efficacy, cardiovascular risk, prostate concerns, et cetera.KH

My concern with Viramune
HIV and herpes