lymphadenopathy

I am an HIV patient recovering from PCP Pneumonia and just rising out of AIDS status. However several x-rays and CT scans have all confirmed lymphadenopathy. However there are no signs of TB or Lymphoma. Is lymphadenopathy a common side effect or could it be a body response since my immune system is starting to recuperate?

Response from Dr. Conway

Absolutely. This could be a sign of your body's overall response to the virus, which will be aided by you going on effective therapy. It is important to make sure that nothing else is going on, such as another infection or a cancer. However, if you are feeling better rather than worse and that standard tests for things like TB and lymphoma are not showing anything, it is perfectly legitimate to jsut repeat the x-rays over time and just follow you very closely to make sure you keep getting better.

urinre odor
Dr. Brian, I have a concern.