urinre odor

Hi. I have been having unprotected sex with my partner for 6 months, and a few days ago I noticed a really strong odor in my urine. Can I have an STD?

Response from Dr. Conway

Absolutely you could, and it is important that you go ahead and get tested for these, including gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis and HIV. And don't forget HBV if you have not had your vaccinations for this. Finally, make sure your partner also gets tested. It is only through very active case finding of this type that we can begin to control STDs in the community...

HIV Testing
lymphadenopathy