HIV and Hives

I have been Hiv positive for almost 15 years and to date have been very healthy. At this point and time I am not on any medication. Over the past week I have hives located on my torso that start out looking round, red with a pale yellow center then they fade and become big red patches..that itch terribly. Any ideas?

A wide range of allergens or substances can trigger urticaria (hives) in the general population as well as in HIV+ persons. Other skin conditions (like erythema multiforme for example) can have the appearance of hives so it would be a good idea to see your HIV specialist and/or a dermatologist to get a complete history and physicial examination to sort out the diagnosis and possible causes/exposures that may trigger a reaction. Low grade fungal skin infections or folliculitis can trigger reactions in HIV+ persons. KH

chest pain and low grade fever