neuropathy

Hello Docs,

Thanks again for your time hereits really valuable!! I have a question about the possible onset of neuropathy. I have noticed tightness in the rear of my left leg and sometimes pain in my left foot. I notice the tightness when I stand and pain also in the back of my thigh when I sit. I have also been have been diagnosed with Hemepleric Migraines of which Im being treated with Verapamil, I wonder if my Migraines are contributing to this condition which I had before I started HIV meds. I take Sustiva and Epzicom with a VL undet and cd4 of 680. Anyway does this sound like PN? Does PN generally effect one or both sides of the body? This condition seems to come and go.

Thanks

HIV related or antiretroviral -related neuropathy generally is bilateral and starts with the toes/feet and then moves upwards. It also tends to be fairly constant. The localized nature of your symptoms would make HIV drug related neuropathy fairly unlikely. Additionally, your particular HIV regimen has a low rate of neuropathy associated with it. KH

Work Performance
Fast heart rate