side effects

I recently began taking Keletra and Combivir. About the same time I have nearly lost all my sense of taste. While all aspects of taste are affected, in particular I cannot taste sweets. Is this a recognized side effect of these medications and is there anything that can be done?

Response from Dr. Conway

This may well be a side effect of the ritonavir part of the Kaletra that is being absorbed directly in your mouth and creating this sensation. Some of our patients have told us that if the mouth is very cold when they take their medications (by having a cold drink or sucking on a cube of ice before taking the Kaletra), this side effect is much improved or even eliminated.

Anxiety
Diarrhea and Stomach Discomfort