Aug 1, 2007
I understand that grapefruit juice can be a problem with HIV meds, what about cranberry? Is it ok to drink with Atripla?
| Response from Dr. Henry
Cranberry juice should be OK to take with Atripla. Grapefruit juice can alter liver drug clearance function and is more of a potential problem with protease inhibitors than with Atripla (efavirenz is the issue there) to my knowledge. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Cranberry Juice Help Thrush?
- If I Have Ars Will I Have Flu Symptoms?
- Is Pain In Penis An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Nipple Biting Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.