re: life expectancy

If the immune system is "slower to respond to HAART" in an over 50 individual does that mean that progression to AIDS if untreated would be faster? I figured getting HIV at 55 was actually better than age 25, Only need HAART to work for 30 years if I want to reach 85 than a someone who is 25 and has to hope it works for 60 years.

Response from Dr. Conway

In many ways, you ar quite correct...but the risk of disease progression is a bit more for every given CD4 count...This being said, if you respond well to HAART and experience any reasonable CD4 count recovery (say above 350 or so), you can probably live out your natural life...as long as you take care of yourself!!!

Life expectancy for rest of us
Dr. Brian, i also got my wife tested. Please answer, i am losing my mind and whole life.