hiv and eye problems
Jul 29, 2007
I have been recently diagnosed with hiv, and since then I have had intermittant times when my eyes become irritated/watery and/or sort of scratchy. I have no vision problems, and this does not happen during specific activities i.e. driving,compter work,tv,etc, but seems to happen more when it gets to evening. Is this just normal fatigue, over 40 eyes, or something else?
Response from Dr. Henry
Eye symptoms as you describe are most often due to non-HIV causes. For patients with lower CD4 counts (< 200) we generally get a good baseline eye exam to look for HIV-related eye problems. Symptoms as you describe are often due to allergic reactions or other eye irritants. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Testicles After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts In Your Mouth?
- What Are Some Short-term Effects Of Std's?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.