I Just found out! Keep my partner safe

I just found out 2/17/07 that I am HIV pos. I just turned 18 Jan 16th! So much for a happy birthday! I always wanted to go into the medical field so I am mentally strong in the sense that this is a livable virus! My boyfriend knew the same day that i found out! I couldn't keep that from him, and my dad knew in the next 2 days! I want to be or feel normal even though I'm not! Will I ever be able to become a doctor! For real don't give me a watered down " you can be anything that you want". I need to know is this thing is livable to the point that I can finish med school! and beyond!! Plus how can I keep my boyfriend neg. He is still waiting on his results! But if they do come back neg I need tips on being comfortable during sex! but I have to keep his saftey in interest!!

Response from Dr. Conway

As for HIV being livable, I ca emphatically state that with the treatments available today, you can certainly live out your natural life without developign AIDS, as long as you start the treatments when it will be necessary to do so.

As for transmssion, the main risks are from vaginal and anal intercourse, and this can be significantly reduced by using condoms. Other than that, many other forms of sexual pleasure (such as mutual masturbation) carry no risk at all. Considering all of this, you can talk with your partner and see how you want to handle all of this in the setting of your new diagnosis of HIV infection.

Good luck...

serostim
side effects of Novir and Epzicom