Geographic tongue & HIV

Hello, My partner has geograpic tongue and everytime saliva is exchanged in excess my stomach gets upset. I understan GT is a type of fungus or bacteria, i think he transmits it to me making me ill and due to my positive status it worries me. What can i do to prevent this and to help or prevent this besides stoping the saliva exchange?

Response from Dr. Conway

In itself, geographuc tongue does not carry any specific risk for the transmission of HIV. It is really an open sore comong into contact with another open sore in your mouth that would carry the risk of transmission. Apart from this, if contact with the trongue is distasteful to you, I see no reason why you should not just stop doing it...

has this been proven?
serostim