What is Sulfameth/trimethoprim?
Jul 26, 2007
What is Sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim used for?
Response from Dr. Conway
This is a very common antibiotic used for the treatment of many infections, such as those of the urine or respiratory tract. One of its main applications in the setting of HIV infection is as an agent to prevent PCP.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risk Of AIDS Transmission From Condom Broke
- Risk Of Anal Fisting
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Sucking Breast
- Should I Get Tested After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Scared To Death
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Giving Oral Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.