What is Sulfameth/trimethoprim?
Jul 26, 2007
What is Sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim used for?
Response from Dr. Conway
This is a very common antibiotic used for the treatment of many infections, such as those of the urine or respiratory tract. One of its main applications in the setting of HIV infection is as an agent to prevent PCP.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Getting Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Shingles After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Brown Spots On The Head Of My Penis
- Can Pneumonia Be Acute Sign Of Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.