What is Sulfameth/trimethoprim?
Jul 26, 2007
What is Sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim used for?
Response from Dr. Conway
This is a very common antibiotic used for the treatment of many infections, such as those of the urine or respiratory tract. One of its main applications in the setting of HIV infection is as an agent to prevent PCP.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Tingling In Feet After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Do Steroids Cause Vaginal Infections?
- Can Lymph Nodes Be The Only Symptoms After 8 Weeks?
- Cold Hands And Feet Early Sign Of Hiv
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.