|What is Sulfameth/trimethoprim?
Jul 26, 2007
What is Sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim used for?
Response from Dr. Conway
This is a very common antibiotic used for the treatment of many infections, such as those of the urine or respiratory tract. One of its main applications in the setting of HIV infection is as an agent to prevent PCP.
- Getting Someone Pregnant When You Are Hiv Positive
- How Long After Exposure Does It Take Hiv To Show Up In Blood Test?
- What Does Hiv Positive And Negative Mean?
- Put Condom On Backwards Is It Still Effective Against Hiv
- How Long Does A Sore Throat Last With Early Hiv?
- When Do Hpv Warts Go Away?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.