Atripla Rash

After about 1 week I did have a rash on my entire body except face. My Doctor thought I should discontinue use and let the rash disappear and then start up again in about 3-4 days after rash disappears. Knowing everyone is different is it likely that once I start back up that I may not get the rash.

thank you.

Response from Dr. Conway

The rash may well be due to your medications, likely the efavirenz component of the Atripla. We generally recommend that if it involves over 50% of your body, if it is associated with blistering or systemic symptoms, that you stop the medications. The rash will then generally improve over days or a couple of weeks and resolve. If it was due to the drug, there is a high risk that it will be even worse if you restart the drug, so we generally do not recommend this.

Sorrow
What is Sulfameth/trimethoprim?