|Food Interactions with HIV/Hep C Meds
Jul 25, 2007
Hello. I have heard before that broccoli, garlic, and grapefruit can all have nasty effects on HAART therapy. I'm needing a list, complete as possible, of foods that can react with HAART or with Hep C therapies (pegylated interferon and ribavirin). Thank you.
| Response from Dr. Conway
I am not aware of any foods that need to be avoided specifically in the setting of treatment being given for HIV or HCV. In fact, broccoli and garlic in particular may be particularly good for you, in light of their vitamin content and anti-oxidant properties.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Interferon Interact With HIV Meds?
- Vomiting After Touching Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- Can Chlamydia Cause Genital Warts?
- Can Genital Warts Cause Burning And Irritation?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Wart On Your Hands?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.