Food Interactions with HIV/Hep C Meds
Jul 25, 2007
Hello. I have heard before that broccoli, garlic, and grapefruit can all have nasty effects on HAART therapy. I'm needing a list, complete as possible, of foods that can react with HAART or with Hep C therapies (pegylated interferon and ribavirin). Thank you.
Response from Dr. Conway
I am not aware of any foods that need to be avoided specifically in the setting of treatment being given for HIV or HCV. In fact, broccoli and garlic in particular may be particularly good for you, in light of their vitamin content and anti-oxidant properties.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do People Get AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Bloody Nose After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Touching Sperm Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.