testosterone and acne

Hello. For the past 4 months I've been receiving 100 mg of testosterone per week. It's been helping me a lot, however I am experiencing horrible acne. I also notice that I am growing a lot of hair where I don't want and the acne seems to coincide with the hair growth (acne is in area of hair growth). I don't want to go on accutane because of the risks. what can I do to stop the acne and unwanted hairgrowth?

Response from Dr. Conway

This is probably a side effect of the testosterone. The only setting in which I use this medication is if someone is clearly demonstrated to be deficient in testosterone. If not, the type of side effects you describe (not to mention toxicity to the liver) often occur. I would ask why you are using the testosterone (for muscle development, to reverse weight loss, or some other reason) and establish whether there may be a less toxic (and better targeted) alternative that you could take.

Reyataz side effects
Food Interactions with HIV/Hep C Meds