elidel for anal itching.

Dr. Conway,

I have been using Elidel for itching in the anus. I used to apply the Elidel cream inside the anus, where I had a skin tag. Does using elidel cream inside the anus (and freezing of a wart on my scalp), do they have anything to do with the HIV antibody test?

Response from Dr. Conway

Elidel is a non-steroid treatment for eczema on the skin. It can be used safely anywhere on the body, including around the anus. Warts on the skin are also a common thing to occur, and are often treated with freezing, with great success. In and of themselves, neither of these conditions are directly related to HIV infection nor are they symtpomatic of its progression (especially if they are limited to the areas you describe).

Protease Inhibitors and Sulfa Allergy
Please help me understand this, do you think this will also affect HIV window period or a false result.