Bloating and gas with kaletra.

Is it safe, or even effective to take a anti-gas pill such a GAS-X, etc. while taking Kaletra? I've notice my stomach is bulging a lot these days and after eating I am full and uncomfortable. I've been on this regimen for a month (Kaletra 4X and Truvada 1X)and I like it except for the gas and uncomfortable bloating. Also how long will this last?

Response from Dr. Conway

This is a common side effect with Kaletra and could easily go away over the next couple of months. You can safely use anti-gas pills (such as GAS-X)to relieve the symptoms in the meantime. I would also avoid meals that are too large, especially in the evening. If this is the only side effect you are having, I would certainly try to persevere and see how it goes, at least until you have had a viral load test done to see if the treatment is being effective.

My partner pos me neg
rare strains???