Not on Meds yet

I am not on meds yet but this is the only forum that matches. I have been positive for a couple years. Every so often I get this little rash on my feet that I think is poison ivy, itchy, then turns to like little blood blisters under this skin. Is this HIV related? Also my arms are often sore in the morning and even fall asleep at night, neither symptom ever present before I was positive. Any ideas?

Response from Dr. Conway

Neither of these things appears to me to be related to HIV. It may be that you are paying more attention to a lot of things now that you are positive. They may have been there to some extent before, but now you are just noticing them more easily.

As for the rash on your skin, it sounds inflammatory or allergic, but it may have some fungal component to it. I might try a local cream that contains steroid and an antifungal and see if it helps.

As for your arms, it may just be that you are compresssing a nerve when you sleep or sit to produce this effect. I would go over this carefully with your doctor to see if this simple explanation fits with your specific symptoms. If not, perhaps you and your doctor can come up with something equally simple that would explain it.

Allergy Meds, HIV & Immune Reconstitution Syndrome
why treatment