Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

effect of combination of valtrex plus the anti depressant plus alcohol, does it affect the result. I am so sorry Dr, i forgot to include the valtrex and now i am scared about it. Please answer. I feel like my nerve which connects the brain is breaking.
Jul 22, 2007

THanks for your response Dr. Brian. unfortunately, I forgot one last thing to ask to you, in the same question. THe reason I am forgetting to write the whole question is again due to stress. Sorry about that, this is my last question to you, please help me put my thoughts away by answering.

I took valtrex in 2001 for HSV2 for fifteen days, later after doing the blood tests, they found out that i did not have HSV2. So now my question is

"a combination of valtrex for fifteen days and anti depressant(citalopram) for two years and was drinking alcohol in the same two years time, before i got tested. WIll that effect my HIV test result or any other STD test results? was on anti depressant(citalopram) for two years and was drinking alcohol in the same two years time, before I got tested. Will that affect my HIV test result or any other STD test results?

I looked in the forms, that valtrex doesn't affect the HIV antibody test result, I just want to make sure, the combination of valtrex and antidepresant and alcohol and lorazopaime does not affect the test result.

Response from Dr. Conway

Valtrex, on its own or in combination with any other medications, does not have any effect on the accuracy of the HIV antibody test. You can still rely on the fact that the negative tests you got for HIV and anything else that was test are the right ones.

Previous
HIV
Next
Allergy Meds, HIV & Immune Reconstitution Syndrome

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.