effect of combination of valtrex plus the anti depressant plus alcohol, does it affect the result. I am so sorry Dr, i forgot to include the valtrex and now i am scared about it. Please answer. I feel like my nerve which connects the brain is breaking.

THanks for your response Dr. Brian. unfortunately, I forgot one last thing to ask to you, in the same question. THe reason I am forgetting to write the whole question is again due to stress. Sorry about that, this is my last question to you, please help me put my thoughts away by answering.

I took valtrex in 2001 for HSV2 for fifteen days, later after doing the blood tests, they found out that i did not have HSV2. So now my question is

"a combination of valtrex for fifteen days and anti depressant(citalopram) for two years and was drinking alcohol in the same two years time, before i got tested. WIll that effect my HIV test result or any other STD test results? was on anti depressant(citalopram) for two years and was drinking alcohol in the same two years time, before I got tested. Will that affect my HIV test result or any other STD test results?

I looked in the forms, that valtrex doesn't affect the HIV antibody test result, I just want to make sure, the combination of valtrex and antidepresant and alcohol and lorazopaime does not affect the test result.

Response from Dr. Conway

Valtrex, on its own or in combination with any other medications, does not have any effect on the accuracy of the HIV antibody test. You can still rely on the fact that the negative tests you got for HIV and anything else that was test are the right ones.

HIV
Allergy Meds, HIV & Immune Reconstitution Syndrome